Tuesday 16 February 2010

LIVE IN HUDDERSFIELD - ZERO DEGREE

After flying to Mars and back we finally arrived at London Heathrow at 6am on Monday morning. We had to get a taxi to collect the car and then drive home to Huddersfield. It was foggy, drizzly, grey, wet and very cold and Brunei seemed not just like a different country, but a whole galaxy away. By the way, my son Ben filled a hat-trick of sick bags on the way home, just as everyone was settling down to a nice aeroplane breakfast!! We got a few looks!

Jackie drove home cos I couldn't keep awake. Got back to Huddersfield at 2pm. If the fog and rain and drizzle wasn't enough, we found out that we had had a leak in the bathroom somewhere and the wallpaper has peeled off in the kitchen and dining room downstairs. Talk about coming back down to earth with a bang! I'm not so famous now am I? Jack fell asleep in his bowl of pasta, which I took as a signal, and we all went to bed at 6.45pm for a good 12-hours kip!

What a trip. All too short. But who knows, I might get lucky again one day and go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment