Saturday 13 February 2010

LIVE IN BRUNEI 6 - THE BIG FINALE

Last day in JIS today and it's been a week I will never forget. Everyone has been so friendly and I'm not just talking about the people in schools, but the people in the hotel and people on the streets. Fiona has been amazingly generous and won't let me pay for anything!!! Coming from Yorkshire I'm not used to that - but I could get used to it!!

After some more workshops in the morning we finished off with a performance in the gym. It was crazy and chaotic but great and performers were brave and fantastic. Well done everyone! It was a great way to finish. I really, really, really hope I will be back one day. Who knows which way the wind blows?

After school we went on an amazing trip up the river with Fiona and Sal. We saw 14 Proboscus monkeys in the wild, they have big bellies and big noses (a bit like me!). We also saw 4 lizards, a family of sea otters, loads of egrits and a sea eagle (not a seagull!). We didn't see any crocodiles (phew) cos they didn't get an invitation to our party - maybe the next time!

Went to bed feeling very strange, surreal and unreal - what a day! What a week! What a place!

No comments:

Post a Comment