Sunday 2 October 2011

Busybustbusy

This week has been a busy one. One Monday i drove to Sudbury in Suffolk which took me 5 hours from my house. Hello to Helen, Neil and Josh who made me very welcome. I went into Helen's school, Woodhall Primary and read some poems out and had a hoot. Then i drove all the way back. The day after i was up in a place called Ampleforth, in St Benedicts Primary in North Yorks. Its a beautiful place and it was glorious day , it felt like i was on holiday. I got asked some great questions there by the pupils. I got asked 'How do you make a poem funny?' and 'What makes a good poem?'. I normally get asked things like, 'Do you like fish fingers?', so these questions were brill!!!! Then on Friday i was in Huyton, near Liverpool, the place where Steven Gerrard was born. I was in Kirkby library and then in Huyton giving some Summer Reading Challenege certificates out. Then i went to Manchester and met my mate the poet Terry Caffrey for a laugh!! So a full week of driving, poetry and fun fun fun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment