Friday 6 May 2011

Le Artiste

I was in the Scarborough Evening News the other day, they came along and snapped me while i was doing a gig in the library at Hunmanby near Scarborough. It was part of the Scarborough Literature Festival. The write up or the words about the picture ( it was a good pic by the way, big hello to Ellen and Joe!! ) were good cos they called me a self styled, multi talented performance artiste!!
I've been called many things before but never that. I remember when i used to be a comedian ( i gave up cos everyone used to laugh at me!!) i once got called the Master Of Mirth, which was funny. Lots of teachers introduce me in schools as That Poetry Bloke which is great. I think they also use that if they forget my name which is cool. I once got to a school and got called Geoff Barker. Nothing wrong with that. Geoff Barker is a good name its just not my name!! Good name for a 1950s centre forward for West Ham. Among the other things i've been called are 'Prize winning writer' (true), 'Ex Grave digger', ( true) and Bruce Willis ( not true ).Being a performance artiste is cool though, i'm more than happy with that!! Its all a bit French sounding which is ace. And if i am gonna be french lets do it...."Les Grandes Pensees viennent du coeur....

Le Homme Poetic!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment