Wednesday 27 October 2010

Half Termtastic

Half term is always interesting for me. I visit loads of schools so when schools are on holiday i have to go somewhere else. So far this half term i have been to 3 great places. Number one was Tatton Park in Chesire. North West libraries were holding a Family Book Day and alsorts of writers, storytellers and illustrators were coming along to talk to people. Two hundred people turned up on the day. I was in a big hall waffling on as usual but the thing is, the hall had a secret. ( Cue scary laugh and thunder crack sound effect!). On the walls were 100's of animal heads hidden behind a curtain. I am not talking cuddly toys here. I'm talking real animals that had been shot and stuffed!!! It was all a bit scary and weird. There were buffalos, antelopes, tigers and even a massive moose. They had all been collected by the Lord of the manor in the 1800's and he thought that he'd put them on the wall and let people have a nosey. The crazy Victorians eh??
Place number two was Bewerely Park Outdoor Education Centre, near Harrogate. I did a session there with looked after children which was a hoot!! I even got some chicken sweet and sour!!!The centre is in the middle of nowhere and it was pitch black driving home!!! Scary Mary or what!!!The final place i have been this half term is the Opera House in Buxton. I was doing the Childrens Festival there and it was ace. I LOVE theatres and this one was a beauty. Buxton is a great place so if you haven't been GO NOW. Its in a place called the Peak district and its full of big hills, valleys and er...peaks!! Freaky Peaky Deaky.

Yeah man!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment