Wednesday 6 June 2012

Thinking About Thinking

When schools close down for the holidays like now well that leave me with some free time to do stuff. I walk, i play the guitar, i write, i watch telly, i play football with my kids but what i mostly do is think. Cos i'm a poet i think quite a bit. I have always had a voice in my head, all my life, a voice talking to me, telling me things i didn't know i knew. Well i think aboit alsorts like writing and ideas. I have lots of ideas, writing ideas that i want to do and here are a few of them - Thinking about getting my brand new book POETRY BURP out as soon as i can Thinking about the next book after that. Thinking about next years BIG WALK -John O Groats to Lands End ( can i really really make it happen, lots of planning and talking to do....)and the book i will write about it. Thinking about writing another book for grown ups. I have already done one , a few years ago now, but i have another one taking shape in my head. Its going to called The Cake District i think. Thinking about trying to get into schools in Scotland. Never done it, would love to. Thinking about more overseas trips. Thinking about the next poem i'll write cos its always my favourite. Thinking about next year cos next year i celebrate TEN years as a professional writer. I know, i'm as amazed as you. Ten years getting away with it. Thats the reason i am doing the BIG WALK really. if not now when?? Thinking about the next radio documentary i am doing for BBC Radio Leeds. Its called Away With Words. Who says writers have holidays eh????

No comments:

Post a Comment