Friday 15 June 2012

Away With Words

I am making a documentary for BBC Radio Leeds in July. Its called away With Words and the radio is going to record me in a school for a day. I'm going to talk to the young people, like i normally do and have a laugh. I hope!!!!!! The theme of the program, got to have a theme y'see on the radio, is 'Hellos and Goodbyes'. The plan is this....i am going to go to Leeds train and bus stations, meet people and have a quick chat. Then i am going to waffle on in a poetic stylee about, well, hellos and goodbyes, then i am going into a school and write about what I've just been thinking about!! Hopefully it will be a bit more interesting to listen to then i have just made it sound and i'm really looking forward to it a lot. I love the radio, its just voices, but i have always liked listening to it, i like the pictures the voices paint in my head... I will be recording the doc over 2 days in July. The school is Field Head Carr Primary in Leeds who sound excited to be involved!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello I'm a teacher at Fieldhead Carr Primary and I just wanted to know how much me and my class enjoyed your visit. I'll definitely be listening to the radio show thank you for such a fun tongue twisting time! p.s we only clap the special poetry bloke way now!!!

    ReplyDelete