Thursday 13 January 2011

The Poems That Wrote Themselves Part 1

These two poems kind of wrote themselves. Really!! I just sat there looking at a piece of paper and before i knew it, SHAZZAM!!!!!!, there they were right in front of me. I love when that happens. Its like being plugged into a big poetry machine somewhere. I think the trick to writing poems is not to try too hard.

Cool Blue Bike

I'd really like
a cool blue bike
but if it was red
I'd ride that instead
if it was white
that would be alright
if it was black
I'd call it Jack
if it was green
I'd call it Maureen
if it was yella
I'd call it Cinderella
if it was brown
I'd ride it round the town
if it was gold
I'd do what i was told
if it was grey
I'd be OK
if it was pink
i don't know what I'd think
cos what I'd really like
is a cool blue bike

No comments:

Post a Comment