Saturday 7 August 2010

That Bloke Called Tom

Today was a really cool day. I got locked in a fridge. No i didn't, just being daft. I walked on the canal towpath for about 7 miles, from a place called Sowerby Bridge to a place called Todmorden. It was a bit drizzly and wet. Well you don't get dry drizzle do you?? Drizzle is like baby rain. I got attacked by two geese ( Dave and Bob) who hissed and honked like mad and then ran at me. Maybe they have read my books and don't like them. I fought them off with my rucksack. I felt like Indiana Jones. Then I got really close to an heron. I could almost touch it. Herons are big bird who like paddling about in water. you can always tell if they are there cos you can see their towels on the riverbank. Then this heron, who i think was called Malcolm, flew off, i think he had a train to catch. Herons are great though. When Big Malc flew off he looked like one of those dinosaur birds, a Terry Dactill, i think they're called. Then i went to a cafe in Todmorden to meet my old mate Tom Palmer. Tom writes books, sometimes two at the same time about football. He writes the Football Detective books about this detective who, er.. likes football. I only get to see Tom about once a year cos he is all over the place like me, going into schools and dong stuff like that. He showed me his fancy new iPhone. I was so impressed i had to buy some cake. Then i walked home. No goose attack this time. Bob and Dave had gone shopping in town.

Hey, this is my 50th blog entry!!! Lets celebrate!! Time for more cake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment