Sunday 1 July 2012

On the Misty Mountain.

Last week i got lost up a big hill. Its a hill i have been up many times called Ingleborough and its always an adventure. It was a bit blustery when we set off, my mate Stooger came with me, but it was ok. When we got to the top it started to rain. We could have turned around and walked down but wheres the fun in that so we carried on like ancient heroes of old ( well , lets face it, you can't get ancient heroes of the future can you...) right to the top. We we walking in the sky. We were looking down on clouds. We were at the top of the beanstalk. It was a bit awesome and a bit scary at the same time. I saw a misty figure approach me. It was a man . he came upto me and said ' are you lost as well?'. It was a great day. When we we eventually got on the right path and came down we saw a bloke looking at flowers. He was a scientist. He told me that Ingleborough is 350 million years old. I thought blimy O riley, that will be a big birthday cake. Imagine all those candles. it would be like the sun....

No comments:

Post a Comment