Thursday 1 December 2011

The Sat Nav Has Landed

What, with all the driving i am doing at the moment, 1000 miles a week, all in the dark on busy motorways and little country lanes i kept getting lost so i have borrowed a sat nav. I love maps, always have, love the fact that all those little squiggley lines on the paper are real rivers and roads but when you are on your own in a car and you are driving you can't keep looking at th map or you will drive into a tree!! So i have this magic box now and it speaks to me and says Turn Left, turn right and all that. So far it has worked. It got me to a library across Leeds at rush hour and it got me to a school in Rochdale so i'll keep trying it. Its good, 21st century techno stuff but, its not as good as a crinkly, coffee stained map you can pour over at midnight. All old explorers used maps. I mean how many pirates do you know who used sat navs???

No comments:

Post a Comment